The Patrina Chan Podcast
Episode 42 - 5 ways to create a reading habit in your child
October 25, 2020
By now we know the benefits of reading and we also know that this reading habit may not be easy to cultivate in us, not to mention our kids. These are 5 things I did to help him cultivate a reading habit, or at least make him love reading!
- Making all gadgets and screen unavailable
- Make books ready and available for the child’s access
- Reading the same book to him EVERY SINGLE TIME
- Make library trips a routine instead of a luxury
- Have their favourite book available in their bags wherever they go
There are tons of ways to cultivate reading in the child but at least these are the 5 things that actually worked!